Digital Retinal Photography
We are pleased to be able to offer our patients Digital Retinal Photography during their eye examination. This state of the art technology enables us to take a photograph of your retina with which the optometrist can assess the health of your eyes in much greater detail and with a much higher degree of accuracy.
Reasons why Retinal Photography is so beneficial:
- Early detection of Diabetes and monitoring of patients who are already diabetic
- Early detection and monitoring of Glaucoma
- Can show signs of High Blood Pressure and Cholesterol
- Early detection of Brain Tumours
- Can spot Retinal Detachments and Tears
These photos will allow us to compare the health of your eyes over the years and provide an invaluable diagnostic tool, which means any problems can be dealt with faster and more effectively.