Due to recent advancements in lens technology; contact lenses are safer and more comfortable than ever before. At Peter Booth Opticians we will assess your eyes to find the best possible contact lenses for you, both in terms of vision, comfort and breathability to ensure your eyes are being well looked after.
As an Independent Optician, we have access to the full range of contact lenses on the market. During your assessment, these can be discussed at length to find the right option for you. Here is a quick guide to the main types of lenses:
- Daily disposable contact lenses are worn for one day and then discarded. You receive the lenses in individual packets that can be taken anywhere with you, so they are extremely convenient and easy to use.
- Two-weekly and monthly lenses can be worn daily for a period of two weeks or one month. They are cleaned every day and stored in a sterile solution. This method is more cost effective if you are wearing your lenses every day.
- Extended Wear lenses can be worn for up to 30 days without removing allowing you to wake up every morning with clear vision.
- Multifocal/Monovision lenses can correct vision for patients who require a separate prescription for distance and reading.
- Gas Permeable contact lenses are hard lenses which require more specialist fitting. They offer clearer vision for more complex prescriptions. Like the two-week or monthly lenses, they must be cleaned every day and stored in sterile solution.
- SoClear lenses are corneo-scleral lenses designed to distribute pressure evenly over the eye. This allows a unique combination of visual performance consistent with Gas Permeable lenses along with better comfort. These lenses require specialist fitting.
- EyeDream lenses provide clear comfortable vision during the day without the need to wear contact lenses. This is achieved by sleeping in hard contact lenses that gently reshape the eye overnight and correct the prescription.
- Keratoconus lenses for irregular corneas are available.
The Benefits of Contact Lenses
- Contact lenses are a discreet way of correcting your vision.
- Some people can actually see better in contact lenses, as they provide a more natural form of vision correction being directly on the eye.
- Ideal for patients who play sport or those for whom it's not practical to wear spectacles.
- Ideal for patients thinking about laser surgery.
An important aspect of contact lens wear is aftercare. Once you are up and running with your contact lenses, we provide you with an aftercare service to ensure that any problems due to your contact lenses are rectified and give you peace of mind.
Our contact lenses prices are very competitive and all our patients who buy there contact lenses from us will also recieve 10% off any spectacles they may require, giving you even greater value from your local independant eyecare specialist.